University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota
http://www.umn.edu/
612-625-5000
RIVER LIFE

Quick Note on Feeds

October 11, 2010Joanne RichardsonProgram & Announcements, UncategorizedComments Off on Quick Note on Feeds

Hello everyone!  This is Joanne, I work for River Life and I do a lot of the behind-the-scenes tech support and administration.  I just wanted to drop in here for a minute and let you all know that the RSS feed is back up and running – we’d had a couple of reports of things going awry and it looks like we’ve got the problem solved.

As always, if you have any questions about the blog, the feed, or other technical questions, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line at holr0002@umn.edu or respond to this message in the comments.
If you are wondering what on earth I’m talking about when I mention the ‘feed’, then this link might be of some interest to you: http://www.whatisrss.com/  Basically, every time we post a blog entry a little bit of automated technical magic goes on behind the scenes and if you’ve subscribed to the blog in your feed reader, then you’ll get automatically notified.  This is particularly helpful if you read 37 (give or take) blogs, and don’t want to have to visit 37 blogs every day to see which ones have been updated.  Get an account with a feed reader, we suggest Google Reader, subscribe to the blogs, and you’ll only have to check one page each day, rather than 37.
Again, I invite you to email me directly if you have questions, comments, or concerns! 
Cheers, all!